*This post may contain affiliate links.
This list is fully updated as of Jan 30, 2021.
Disclaimer: By using affiliate links in this post, you are helping support the Ethical Pixie website as we may receive a small commission on purchases made at no added cost to you. They may also offer an added discount to your order. This keeps Ethical Pixie running and we really appreciate your support.
When was the last time you checked to make sure all your makeup products are truly Cruelty free? Cosmetics industry in the US alone is a 50 billion dollar industry and there are still a lot of cosmetic brands that test on animals. But not to worry, there are also a lot of makeup brands that are truly Cruelty free.
When I started transitioning to Cruelty free almost 10 years ago, there weren’t so many brands, but overtime, thanks to consumers like you who make conscious decisions by choosing Cruelty free, we have more and more brands that say NO to animal testing.
To help you make your shopping easier, I created this comprehensive guide containing 100+ makeup brands to show you that it’s possible to find quality cruelty-free makeup for every budget, from high-end to drugstore!
ABOUT THIS LIST
Each brand on the #EthicalPixieApproved List has been carefully vetted and researched on brand’s Cruelty free policies to ensure it’s fully Cruelty-free.
There are currently 3 major certifications – Leaping Bunny, CCF, PETA. But, having a Cruelty-free certification is not mandatory for brands. This leads to brands falsely advertising themselves as Cruelty-free which is why we do our own research. If a brand doesn’t have a certification and is part of this list, it means, Ethical Pixie has reached out to the brand by asking specific questions about their processes, formulas, testing on ingredients vs, finished product etc. To ensure a brand is Cruelty-free below are the initial set of questions we ask:
- Are your products or individual ingredients within your product tested on animals?
- Do your suppliers or any third party companies test on animals on your behalf?
- Are your products sold in markets where animal testing is required by law (Ex: Mainland China)?
- Is your company owned by another company? If so, can you please specify who?
- Do you have Leaping bunny, CCF or PETA certifications? If not, do you plan on filing for any of these certifications in the near future?
- Do your products contain any animal ingredients or by-products? If yes, can you state where and how the animal by-products are sourced from?
Ethical Pixie Approved implies that brands are cruelty-free! This means:
- No animal testing conducted on the product from start to finish i.e, neither the finished product nor individual ingredients nor third party suppliers have conducted any sort of animal testing.
- Brand is not sold in countries like Mainland China where animal testing is required by law.
Search this list
Ctrl + F on Windows or Command + F on a Mac opens a search box. Type in the brand name you wish to find and hit “Enter”. If the brand is listed, your browser should scroll to it automatically.
Can’t find the Brand you are looking for?
Don’t see a specific brand you are looking for? Don’t worry, we are here to help!
Just let us know and we are happy to reach out to the brand on your behalf to find out about their Cruelty free status. You can use this form to contact us!
CRUELTY-FREE MAKEUP BRANDS A – Z
The below Cruelty free Beauty Brands list has been alphabetized and clearly indicated if a brand offers Vegan Products [100% VEGAN], [100% VEGETARIAN] or Owned by a parent company that tests on Animals.
- 100% PURE [100% VEGAN]
- ADORN COSMETICS [100% VEGAN]
- AETHER BEAUTY [100% VEGAN]
- AFTERGLOW COSMETICS
- ALIMA PURE
- ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS
- ANTONYM COSMETICS
- AU NATURALE [100% VEGAN]
- BARE MINERALS 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Shiseido that tests on animals]
- BEAUTY BLENDER
- BECCA 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Estee Lauder that tests on animals]
- BH COSMETICS
- BITE BEAUTY
- BUXOM 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Shiseido that tests on animals]
- CIATE LONDON
- CHI CHI COSMETICS
- CLOVE + HALLOW
- COLOURPOP COSMETICS
- CONCRETE MINERALS [100% VEGAN]
- COVER FX
- COVERGIRL 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Coty that tests on animals]
- ECCO BELLA
- ECO TOOLS [100% VEGAN]
- ELATE COSMETICS
- E.L.F COSMETICS [100% VEGAN]
- EMANI [100% VEGAN]
- EVERYDAY MINERALS [100% VEGAN]
- HONEY BEE GARDENS
- HOURGLASS 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Unilever that tests on animals]
- HUDA BEAUTY
- HYNT BEAUTY
- INIKA [100% VEGAN]
- IT COSMETICS 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Loreal that tests on animals]
- KAT VON D [100% VEGAN]
- KYLIE COSMETICS 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Coty that tests on animals]
- MAKEUP REVOLUTION
- MEDUSA’S MAKEUP [100% VEGAN]
- MELT COSMETICS
- MILK MAKEUP [100% VEGAN]
- MINERAL FUSION [100% VEGAN]
- MOTD COSMETICS [100% VEGAN]
- NCLA BEAUTY [100% VEGAN]
- NYX COSMETICS 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Loreal that tests on animals]
- PACIFICA BEAUTY [100% VEGAN]
- PLUME SCIENCE [100% VEGAN]
- POP BEAUTY [100% VEGAN]
- PRETTY VULGAR
- PÜR COSMETICS
- PYT BEAUTY
- SERAPHINE BOTANICALS [100% VEGAN]
- SMASHBOX 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Estee Lauder that tests on animals]
- SONIA KAUSHIK
- SUVA BEAUTY
- TARTE 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Unilever that tests on animals]
- THE BALM
- THE BODY SHOP [100% VEGETARIAN]
- THRIVE CAUSEMETICS
- TOO FACED 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Estee Lauder that tests on animals]
- URBAN DECAY 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Loreal that tests on animals]
- ZUZU LUXE [100% VEGAN]
Download and take this handy guide with you while shopping!