Updated as of Jan 29, 2022
*This post may contain affiliate links.
TARGET is one of my all time favorite Grocery stores to shop at especially for skincare/beauty products and household supplies.😃 I love how many Cruelty-free grabs Target has. And they are always working on adding more and more CF brands.🙌
Target is one of the biggest chains and easily accessible to a lot of people. Target also offers a wide variety of Cruelty free brands.
ABOUT THIS LIST
Each brand on the #EthicalPixieApproved List has been carefully vetted and researched on brand’s Cruelty free policies to ensure it’s fully Cruelty-free.
There are currently 3 major certifications – Leaping Bunny, CCF, PETA. But, having a Cruelty-free certification is not mandatory for brands. This leads to brands falsely advertising themselves as Cruelty-free which is why we do our own research. If a brand doesn’t have a certification and is part of this list, it means, Ethical Pixie has reached out to the brand by asking specific questions about their processes, formulas, testing on ingredients vs, finished product etc. To ensure a brand is Cruelty-free below are the initial set of questions we ask:
- Are your products or individual ingredients within your product tested on animals?
- Do your suppliers or any third party companies test on animals on your behalf?
- Are your products sold in markets where animal testing is required by law (Ex: Mainland China)?
- Is your company owned by another company? If so, can you please specify who?
- Do you have Leaping bunny, CCF or PETA certifications? If not, do you plan on filing for any of these certifications in the near future?
- Do your products contain any animal ingredients or by-products? If yes, can you state where and how the animal by-products are sourced from?
Ethical Pixie Approved implies that brands are cruelty-free! This means:
- No animal testing conducted on the product from start to finish i.e, neither the finished product nor individual ingredients nor third party suppliers have conducted any sort of animal testing.
- Brand is not sold in countries like Mainland China where animal testing is required by law.
Search this list
Ctrl + F on Windows or Command + F on a Mac opens a search box. Type in the brand name you wish to find and hit “Enter”. If the brand is listed, your browser should scroll to it automatically.
Can’t find the Brand you are looking for?
Don’t see a specific brand you are looking for? Don’t worry, we are here to help!
Just let us know and we are happy to reach out to the brand on your behalf to find out about their Cruelty free status. You can use this form to contact us!
Before we dive into the list, I want to share couple of useful tips while shopping at Target:
1. Natural Beauty Aisle:
Shopping for cruelty-free brands at Target is easier than ever now. There is a separate ‘Natural Beauty’ section now. This aisle is filled with only Natural and Cruelty-free products. How great is that!😃
2. Online Deals:
I recently found out that Target has some amazing deals online and most of the times, the deal price you see online doesn’t match the price you see at the physical store. But the best thing is you can price match it at the Customer service area. Last time, I was there, I got a $22 Pacifica perfume for only $6.😃
CRUELTY-FREE BRANDS AT TARGET
The below Cruelty free Beauty Brands list has been alphabetized and clearly indicated if a brand offers Vegan Products [100% VEGAN] or Owned by a parent company that tests on Animals.
- BH COSMETICS
- COVERGIRL 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Coty that tests on animals]
- DEFY & INSPIRE [100% VEGAN]
- ECO TOOLS
- ELLA + MILLA
- E.L.F COSMETICS [100% VEGAN]
- GABRIEL COSMETICS
- HONEST BEAUTY
- NYX COSMETICS 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Loreal that tests on animals]
- W3LL PEOPLE
- ZUZU LUXE
SKIN, HAIR & BODY CARE
- ACURE BEAUTY [100% VEGAN]
- AIR REPAIR SKINCARE
- ALBA BOTANICA
- ANDALOU NATURALS [100% VEGAN]
- AURA CACIA
- AVALON ORGANICS
- BOTANICS [100% VEGAN]
- DERMA-E [100% VEGAN]
- EO PRODUCTS
- GRACE AND TONIC
- GOOD CHEMISTRY
- J.R. WATKINS
- JASON NATURALS
- KISS MY FACE
- KRISTIN ESS
- LUMENE [100% VEGAN]
- MEOW MEOW TWEET
- PACIFICA BEAUTY [100% VEGAN]
- PIXI BEAUTY
- SHEA MOISTURE 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Unilever that tests on animals]
- SUN BUM
- THAYER’S NATURAL
- THE HONEST COMPANY
- THE SEAWEED BATH CO.
- TOM’S OF MAINE 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Colgate that tests on animals]
- WHITE & ELM
- YES TO
- YUNI BEAUTY
- DR. BRONNER’S [100% VEGAN]
- J.R. WATKINS
- METHOD 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company SC Johnson that tests on animals]
- MRS. MEYERS CLEAN DAY 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company SC Johnson that tests on animals]
- SEVENTH GENERATION 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Unilever that tests on animals]
Thank you again for choosing Cruelty-free! Even though, shopping Cruelty-free is just a small effort on your part, remember you are making a HUGE impact to the lives of millions of animals!
Disclaimer: By using affiliate links in this post, you are helping support the Ethical Pixie website as we may receive a small commission on purchases made at no added cost to you. They may also offer an added discount to your order. This keeps Ethical Pixie running and we really appreciate your support.