Updated as of Aug 22, 2020
Are you just venturing into this Cruelty free world? Are you looking to replace your current animal-tested products? Then, why not start with buying affordable drugstore Cruelty free products?
Department stores like Walmart are known for a wide variety of products and affordability. Products are literally a dollar or two cheaper than the other Drugstore brands. If you can get quality skincare and beauty products for less, then why not!? 😃
ABOUT THIS LIST
Each brand on the #EthicalPixieApproved List has been carefully vetted and researched on brand’s Cruelty free policies to ensure it’s fully Cruelty-free.
There are currently 3 major certifications – Leaping Bunny, CCF, PETA. But, having a Cruelty-free certification is not mandatory for brands. This leads to brands falsely advertising themselves as Cruelty-free which is why we do our own research. If a brand doesn’t have a certification and is part of this list, it means, Ethical Pixie has reached out to the brand by asking specific questions about their processes, formulas, testing on ingredients vs, finished product etc. To ensure a brand is Cruelty-free below are the initial set of questions we ask:
- Are your products or individual ingredients within your product tested on animals?
- Do your suppliers or any third party companies test on animals on your behalf?
- Are your products sold in markets where animal testing is required by law (Ex: Mainland China)?
- Is your company owned by another company? If so, can you please specify who?
- Do you have Leaping bunny, CCF or PETA certifications? If not, do you plan on filing for any of these certifications in the near future?
- Do your products contain any animal ingredients or by-products? If yes, can you state where and how the animal by-products are sourced from?
Ethical Pixie Approved List:
All the brands listed below are Ethical Pixie Approved. What does it mean?
- All the brands listed below are Cruelty-free!
- The brand’s final Product or individual ingredients haven’t been tested on animals.
- Brand did not authorize any 3rd party suppliers to conduct animal testing on their behalf.
- Brand does not sell their products in countries like Mainland China where animal testing is required by law.
Search this list
Ctrl + F on Windows or Command + F on a Mac opens a search box. Type in the brand name you wish to find and hit “Enter”. If the brand is listed, your browser should scroll to it automatically.
Can’t find the Brand you are looking for?
Don’t see a specific brand you are looking for? Don’t worry, we are here to help!
Just let us know and we are happy to reach out to the brand on your behalf to find out about their Cruelty free status. You can use this form to contact us!
CRUELTY-FREE BRANDS AT WALMART
The below Cruelty free Beauty Brands list has been alphabetized and clearly indicated if a brand offers Vegan Products [100% VEGAN] or Owned by a parent company that tests on Animals.
- BH COSMETICS
- COVERGIRL 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Coty that tests on animals]
- DOSE OF COLORS
- ECO TOOLS
- ECCO BELLA
- E.L.F COSMETICS [100% VEGAN]
- FLOWER BEAUTY
- GABRIEL COSMETICS
- HONEST BEAUTY
- MINERAL FUSION
- NYX COSMETICS 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Loreal that tests on animals]
- PUR COSMETICS
- THE BALM
- WILD SPIRIT FRAGRANCES
- ZUZU LUXE
SKIN, HAIR & BODY CARE
- ACURE BEAUTY [100% VEGAN]
- AIR REPAIR SKINCARE
- ALBA BOTANICA
- ANDALOU NATURALS [100% VEGAN]
- AURA CACIA
- AVALON ORGANICS
- BABO BOTANICALS
- DERMA-E [100% VEGAN]
- ELEMIS 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Loccitane that tests on animals]
- EO PRODUCTS
- HELLO PRODUCTS
- J.R. WATKINS
- JASON NATURALS
- KISS MY FACE
- KRISTIN ESS
- MANIC PANIC
- MEOW MEOW TWEET
- NOT YOUR MOTHER’S
- PACIFICA BEAUTY [100% VEGAN]
- PAUL MITCHELL
- PIXI BEAUTY
- SHEA MOISTURE 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Unilever that tests on animals]
- SUN BUM
- THAYER’S NATURAL
- THE BODY SHOP [100% VEGETARIAN]
- THE SEAWEED BATH CO.
- TOM’S OF MAINE 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Colgate that tests on animals]
- TREE HUT
- YES TO
- YUNI BEAUTY
HOUSEHOLD & CLEANING SUPPLIES
- DR. BRONNER’S [100% VEGAN]
- J.R. WATKINS
- METHOD 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company SC Johnson that tests on animals]
- MRS. MEYERS CLEAN DAY 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company SC Johnson that tests on animals]
- SEVENTH GENERATION 🏢 *[NOTE: Owned by Parent Company Unilever that tests on animals]
Thank you again for choosing Cruelty-free! Even though, shopping Cruelty-free is just a small effort on your part, remember you are making a HUGE impact to the lives of millions of animals!
*This post may contain affiliate links.
Disclaimer: By using affiliate links in this post, you are helping support the Ethical Pixie website as we may receive a small commission on purchases made at no added cost to you. They may also offer an added discount to your order. This keeps Ethical Pixie running and we really appreciate your support.